Festival package includes:
- 17th to 24th March, 2018 ex or via Brisbane
- 18th to 25th March, 2018 ex or via Sydney
- Six fabulous Concert Events
- Return 'The Works' Air NZ flights
- Airport Transfers on Norfolk Is.
- 7-nights accommodation on Norfolk island (your choice)
- 7-days car hire, with insurance
- Full Buffet Breakfasts (hotels only)
- Four Delightful Dinners
- Four Selected local tours
- Museums Pass
- Cyclorama Pass
- Just $500 deposit
OPERATIF! Musical Travel
Why Travel With Jennifer & Stewart?
- Being a boutique, 'hands-on' operation, we can give personal attention to all aspects of planning and hosting our tours, and you will always deal directly with us.
- OPERATIF is an established business, now entering its 21st year.
- As professional singers we have a high level of industry knowledge and are regularly in contact with friends, colleagues and associates in the field of classical music and opera.
- Our tours are guaranteed to depart. They are so popular that they are not dependent on numbers, so there is no risk your tour will be cancelled at 3 months' notice ( or merged with another tour ).
- Our travel patrons love music, so you are sure you will have something in common with your fellow travellers.
- We’ve no need to spend a lot on glossy brochures and advertising and we don’t have big ‘overheads.’ This means we can deliver excellent value-for-money to our tour clients.
- We devote countless hours to researching the tours and engage one of the Europe’s largest travel wholesalers for our European trips to achieve keen pricing and ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Even once you’ve booked a tour, you will receive our ‘updates’ with more details about attractions or destinations, advice on weather, what to pack, the best ways of communicating with home and so on. We are there to assist you at all times.
- We choose high standard (4-star), character/ historic hotels in central locations.
- We strive to create lasting, wonderful memories, including special experiences we know will stay with you long after the fleeting encounters of "on-and-off-the-bus”/”tick-that-off-the-list" tours.
- Our European tours are at a leisurely pace, (on average, three night stays in each hotel) so you’ve time to really ‘feel’ and absorb your location.
- We allow time for you to relax or to explore in smaller groups...to shop, sit in a village square, visit small galleries, gardens or see extra concerts. These are the times when you can follow your heart, feel where you are and truly absorb the atmosphere.
- If you’ve previously visited many of the places we are visiting, bear in mind what past clients say.... “We didn’t do it like this last time!” Stewart and Jennifer LOVE returning to places they’ve enjoyed before. A little familiarity allows another ‘depth’ to your travels. Like visiting old ‘friends’ you haven’t seen for a while, memories are rekindled as new ones are created....lovely!
- You’ll have Jennifer and Stewart as your hosts, plus, on European and Asian tours, our tour director and also specialist guides looking after you.
- Our meals are superior quality. Unlike many tours, dinners in Europe offer 3 courses/3 choices each and all are served with local wine, mineral water, fresh coffee/tea or juice if you prefer.
Operatif! on Norfolk Island - 2018
Here it is, our much-requested return to Norfolk Island!
We have created excellent packages, brim full of wonderful concerts, tours, dinners and activities to be enjoyed during a truly memorable week on this pristine isle in the Pacific...! You will fly Air New Zealand, with transfers on Norfolk Island, a hire car and your choice from a variety of very appealing accommodation options and prices.
Once you have landed on Norfolk Island, you will be greeted and transferred to your accommodation. From here, our week will unfold with many delights including six music-events, featuring soprano Jennifer and baritone Stewart together with talented colleagues violinist Spiros Rantos, pianist, Brachi Tilles, master accordionist Ross Maio and multi-instrumentalist, Jim Zappia. There will be at least one fun dinner show.
Your package will also include some specially selected local tours which offer insight into the island's unique culture and history. Convivial dinners and other social occasions will be enjoyed with your fellow music-loving travellers. Our full package inclusions are outlined in the side bar.
Outside of planned activities, there will be ample time for you to enjoy the many pleasures of Norfolk Island, whether you choose to take more local tours, sample restaurants, swim in the pristine waters of beautiful Emily Bay, enjoy a picnic on a grassy cliff-top or simply browse the quaint little shops in town. The local history is evident everywhere, from the chilling convict ruins and cemetery filled with sad tales, to the charming sandstone 'Quality Street' buildings at Kingston. Norfolk Island boasts incredible natural beauty, with its tall pines, spectacular coastline and rolling green hills. It's no wonder its visitors keep returning... as we are.... Do come with us!
Dates are : 17th to 24th Match, 2018 ex Brisbane or 18th to 25th March ex Sydney. (Flights from Australia are only available from these 2 airports. Ask us for best options and connections from other cities).See exact flight details below. CLICK HERE FOR THE BROCHURE
CLICK HERE TO VIEW ACCOMMODATION PHOTOS
"Thank you for a truly memorable week of concerts. An island is the perfect setting for music" - Marjorie N, Tauranga
"The singers and musicians were first class with excellent programmes." - G.Edwards, Perth
"I appreciated the way the performers mixed with the audience and also the varied programs. " - Lynette G, Toowoomba
It’s very easy to join us for 'OPERATIF! on Norfolk Island,' just request our 7-day travel package details from Australia - even from New Zealand or elsewhere !
SEND AN ENQUIRY
Flight details :
:: ex Brisbane : 17th March - NZ 764 @ 10.20am ( arr 1.40pm ) -- ex Norfolk Island : 24th March - NZ 765 @ 2.55pm ( arr 4.20pm )
:: ex Sydney : 18th March - NZ 762 @ 9.50am ( arr 12.30pm ) -- ex Norfolk Island : 25th March - NZ 763 @ 1.30pm ( arr 4.25pm )
:: ex Melbourne via Brisbane : 17th March - VA 309 & NZ 764 @ 7.00am & 10.20am ( arr 1.40pm ) ---- ex Norfolk Island : 24th March - NZ 765 @ 2.55pm ( arr 4.20pm ), then VA 352 @ 6.55pm ( arr Melbourne @ 10.15pm ). [ please note domestic flight Melbourne - Brisbane - Melbourne will be charged at cost in addition to tour cost ]
:: ex Perth : 17th March VA570 to Sydney then NZ 762 18th March @ 9.50am ( arr 12.30pm ) -- ex Norfolk Island : 25th March - NZ 763 @ 1.30pm ( arr 4.25pm ), then VA 569 @ 7pm ( arr Perth @ 9.10pm)- [ please note domestic flight Perth - Sydney - Perth & overnight accommodation will be charged at cost in addition to tour cost ]
:: ex Hobart : 17th March VA1093 to Sydney then NZ 762 18th March @ 9.50am ( arr 12.30pm ) -- ex Norfolk Island : 25th March - NZ 763 @ 1.30pm ( arr 4.25pm ), then VA ?? to Hobart- [ please note domestic flight Hobart - Sydney - Hobart and overnight accommodation will be charged at cost in addition to tour cost ]