Key Information & Pricing
- 19th Sept to 14th October
- Includes Return flights
- 20 nights in France & Barcelona
- Overnight Dubai stopovers
- Performance tickets
and all scheduled entries
- Daily buffet breakfast
- 11 dinners, 3 'long' lunches
- Professional tour manager
and local guides
- Hosted by Jennifer & Stewart
- Contact us for full details
OPERATIF! Musical Travel
Why Travel With Jennifer & Stewart?
- Being a boutique, 'hands-on' operation, we can give personal attention to all aspects of planning and hosting our tours, and you will always deal directly with us.
- OPERATIF is an established business, now entering its 24th year.
- As professional singers we have a high level of industry knowledge and are regularly in contact with friends, colleagues and associates in the field of classical music and opera.
- Our tours are guaranteed to depart. They are so popular that they are not dependent on numbers, so there is no risk your tour will be cancelled at 3 months' notice ( or merged with another tour ).
- Our travel patrons love music, so you are sure you will have something in common with your fellow travellers.
- We’ve no need to spend a lot on glossy brochures and advertising and we don’t have big ‘overheads.’ This means we can deliver excellent value-for-money to our tour clients.
- We devote countless hours to researching the tours and engage one of the Europe’s largest travel wholesalers for our European trips to achieve keen pricing and ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Even once you’ve booked a tour, you will receive our ‘updates’ with more details about attractions or destinations, advice on weather, what to pack, the best ways of communicating with home and so on. We are there to assist you at all times.
- We choose high standard (4-star), character/ historic hotels in central locations.
- We strive to create lasting, wonderful memories, including special experiences we know will stay with you long after the fleeting encounters of "on-and-off-the-bus”/”tick-that-off-the-list" tours.
- Our European tours are at a leisurely pace, (on average, three night stays in each hotel) so you’ve time to really ‘feel’ and absorb your location.
- We allow time for you to relax or to explore in smaller groups...to shop, sit in a village square, visit small galleries, gardens or see extra concerts. These are the times when you can follow your heart, feel where you are and truly absorb the atmosphere.
- If you’ve previously visited many of the places we are visiting, bear in mind what past clients say.... “We didn’t do it like this last time!” Stewart and Jennifer LOVE returning to places they’ve enjoyed before. A little familiarity allows another ‘depth’ to your travels. Like visiting old ‘friends’ you haven’t seen for a while, memories are rekindled as new ones are created....lovely!
- You’ll have Jennifer and Stewart as your hosts, plus, on European and Asian tours, our tour director and also specialist guides looking after you.
- Our meals are superior quality. Unlike many tours, dinners in Europe offer 3 courses/3 choices each and all are served with local wine, mineral water, fresh coffee/tea or juice if you prefer.
Joie de Vivre
- Paris, South of France & Barcelona
Join Stewart and Jennifer for an unforgettable 3 weeks travelling from Paris to the South of France and Barcelona.
Our marvellous tour boasts many highlights…Dubai stopovers each way, performances at both the Garnier and Bastille opera houses in Paris where we’ll see opera and ballet, a ‘night of stars’ Verdi Celebration opera concert at the stunning Liceu opera house in Barcelona, La Nouvelle Eve cabaret, a night of flamenco and other performances.
Add magnificent chateaux in the Loire Valley, the Chartres ‘Festival of Lights’, Monet’s house and Lily pond, 5 glorious days and nights exploring Paris, and many wonderful experiences as we sight-see throughout cosmopolitan Nice, glittering Monaco, The Camargue with its pink flamingos and black bulls, charming Provence and the Rhone Valley with wine tasting, long lunches, charming village markets, ancient ruins, art, culture and throughout all of this, great company!
Stay in our hand-picked 4-star hotels, each with character and charm and each centrally located for easy exploration. Be well cared for throughout the tour by our professional tour director, expert local guides and your hosts, Jennifer & Stewart. Please note, this tour has not risen in price since the 10% fall in the Australian dollar so now represents even better value.VIEW ANOTHER TOUR
Enjoy our photo video of 'Joie de Vivre'