- 6th to 10th & 10th to 14th
- 4-nights at the 5-star, Sir Stamford Hotel, Circular Quay
- Full buffet Breakfast daily
- Premium Seats to the Show
- Airport Transfer & Transfers to and from West Side Story
- Welcome Dinner, with wine
- Long Lunch Harbour Cruise
- Farewell Dinner, with wine
- Time for shopping and exploring from our perfectly located hotel
- Hosted by Jennifer & Stewart
Music-Lovers Tours by OPERATIF!
Why Travel With Jennifer & Stewart?
- A boutique, 'hands-on' operation, we create every tour from the ground up, booking all hotels, activities, tickets, restaurants directly with the suppliers. This guarantees high standards, meticulous organisation and excellent value for money.
- We give personal attention to all aspects of planning and hosting our tours, and you will always deal directly with us.
- OPERATIF is an established business, operating since 1994, which also offers Music Lovers Tours.
- As professional singers we have a high level of industry knowledge and are confident in choosing performances and in dealing direct with theatres and opera houses.
- Our tours are guaranteed to depart. Being so popular they are never dependent on numbers. Many people now reserve their place even before tours are on sale.
- Our travel clients love music, so you have something in common with your fellow travellers from the outset.
- We have an enviably high number of repeat clients which is testimony to our product and level of service.
- With no need of glossy brochures, expensive advertising or other ‘overheads’ our clients receive better value.
- We devote countless hours, days and months to researching and creating every tour 'from the ground up.' We do not use travel agents, or incoming travel companies. We do not use '3rd party' ticket agencies to acquire opera or concert tickets, as we have direction relationships with the theatres.
- Even once a tour is on sale, we continue to work on the itinerary, honing it and inserting more activities or visits we’ve discovered.
- We give advice on weather, what to pack, money to take and how and the best ways of communicating with home. We are there to assist you at all times.
- We choose high standard (4-star), character/ historic hotels in prime, central locations.
- We strive to create lasting, wonderful memories, including special experiences that we know will stay with you long after the tour finishes.
- Our tours are at a leisurely pace, (on average, three night stays in each hotel) so you’ve time to really ‘feel’ and absorb everything.
- We hate early morning departures, rushing and feeling you are jumping on and off coaches. We avoid all of these things.
- We allow free time for you to relax or to explore in smaller groups...to shop, sit in a village square, visit small galleries, gardens or see extra concerts.
- You’ll have Jennifer and Stewart as your hosts, plus, on European and Asian tours, our tour director and local specialist guides to look after you.
- Our meals are superior quality. Unlike many package tours, we generally offer 3 courses with 3 choices in each. We choose each course in consultation with the restaurants. All meals are served with local wine, mineral water, or softer drinks if you prefer.
Stewart and Jennifer LOVE returning to places they’ve enjoyed before. A little familiarity allows further ‘depth.’ Just like visiting old ‘friends’ you haven’t seen for a while, memories are rekindled as new ones are created....lovely!
We aim for every client on every tour to experience a ‘trip of a lifetime. We hope to see you soon.
Jennifer & Stewart
- Bernstein's WEST SIDE STORY!
We offer two 4-Night 'WEST SIDE STORY' Tours! - 6th to 10th & 10th to 14th April, 2019
Join Jennifer & Stewart, for a magical four nights in fabulous Sydney and take in a thrilling new production of West Side Story, being presented on the Harbour Stage by Opera Australia & Handa. The Lead Artists and Production Team promise a performance not to be missed and our delightful 4-night package makes it a very appealing proposition! This will be our 6th Tour for Opera on the Harbour. Each has sold out, with many repeat clients who enjoy convivial activities and meals with other music-lovers, as well as free time to do as they wish in the Harbour City. Do join us!
THE WEST SIDE STORY PRODUCTION
Guy Simpson will conduct. Recently the Musical Director of the 60th anniversary production of My Fair Lady directed by Julie Andrews for Opera Australia he is currently supervising productions of The Wizard of Oz and Dream Lover in Australia, among many other engagements. Since 1990, he has had a long relationship with The Phantom of the Opera, from Australia to productions all around the world. His extensive biog. includes the recent Evita for OA.
Director Francesca Zambello will come from America, bringing with her a long list of credits in both Opera and Musicals. Two fabulous 'cross-over' artists, ie singers who perform in both Opera and Musicals will take the leads.
Australian soprano Julia Lea Goodwin is Maria. Her first big break came when at just 19 she was chosen to star opposite Anthony Warlow in Phantom of the Opera.
Singing Tony is tenor, Alexander Lewis. The English-Australian's father is well-known Australian baritone Michael Lewis and his mother is Welsh-Australian soprano Patricia Price. From such musical stock it's no surprise that, the young Alexander began singing in a Cathedral choir at just seven. He is now a popular artist who has performed all over the world. What a fabulous pair to headline the cast of brilliant secondary roles, chorus and dancers! If you can't recall all the melodies from the show...there's... Tonight Tonight!, Maria, Somewhere, One Hand One Heart, I Feel Pretty....and many more!
Now in its 6th year, our tours sell out every time, with many choosing to join us again (and again!) for a special annual treat. Our package includes delightful meals and premium activities,
Depart from Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth & other cities and meet the rest of the group at Sydney airport. (or the hotel)
Transfer by coach to our hotel.
Stay in the elegant and ideally located 5-star Sir Stamford Hotel at Circular Quay, (opposite the Gardens .) This charming boutique hotel in a heritage-listed building, boasts one of Australia’s largest private collections of fine art, plus 18th-century Louis XV and Georgian antiques. It's a delightful place to stay, with generous rooms and beds and lovely places to sit and relax. The Dining Room, Bar and Lobby are very gracious, welcoming and old-world.
Thrill to a stunning Opera Australia production in an incomparable setting for an outdoor music event.
See the Show from Guaranteed Premium Seats
Enjoy a convivial Welcome Dinner, with wine, as you get to know your tour companions.
Cruise around Sydney Harbour on a state-of-the-art vessel as you enjoy a 3-Course Long Lunch, with wine.
Celebrate a fabulous four days together as we gather for our special Farewell Dinner with wine.
As well as all of the above, there will be other activities added, yet you will still have one free day and one free evening to enjoy any number of places of interest in Sydney (we will assist you!).
If this fabulous indulgence appeals to you, act now while there are still places.
This tour always fills.
OUR RECOMMENDED TOUR DATES FOR YOUR LOCATION:
Based on the flights, the following have slightly better flight options:-
** Sunshine Coast : Tour A ( using Virgin then Jetstar ) - making both coach transfers possible
** Adelaide : Tour A ( using Virgin both ways ) - making both coach transfers possible
** Perth : Tour B ( using Qantas ) - although the arrival flight arrives after the transfer coach, the flight time from Perth is relaxed and arrives at a time which is comfortable for a pre-dinner arrival by taxi.
** Brisbane & Melbourne : Both tours are the same in terms of flights.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO VIEW EXACT FLIGHTS NUMBERS CLICK HERE
Flights are not included in the tour price but we will happily book them for you at no cost
or book your own if you prefer, perhaps using points. Recommended flights can be seen by clicking the link above.
TO BOOK OR ENQUIRE - PLEASE CLICK HERE