- 6th to 10th and 10th to 14th
- 4-nights at the 5-star, Sir Stamford Hotel, Circular Quay
- Full buffet Breakfast daily
- Premium Seats to the Show
- Airport Transfer & Transfers to and from West Side Story
- Welcome Dinner, with wine
- Long Lunch Harbour Cruise
- Farewell Dinner, with wine
- Time for shopping and exploring from our perfectly located hotel
- Hosted by Jennifer & Stewart
- Deposit of $200 on booking and final payment in 2019. Pay deposit
- Flights are not included but we will book them for you at no cost
or book your own if you prefer, perhaps using points. Recommended flights are at the bottom of the main page.
- Contact us for full tour pricing and options. Limited places.
OPERATIF! Musical Travel
Why Travel With Jennifer & Stewart?
- Being a boutique, 'hands-on' operation, we can give personal attention to all aspects of planning and hosting our tours, and you will always deal directly with us.
- OPERATIF is an established business, now entering its 24th year.
- As professional singers we have a high level of industry knowledge and are regularly in contact with friends, colleagues and associates in the field of classical music and opera.
- Our tours are guaranteed to depart. They are so popular that they are not dependent on numbers, so there is no risk your tour will be cancelled at 3 months' notice ( or merged with another tour ).
- Our travel patrons love music, so you are sure you will have something in common with your fellow travellers.
- We’ve no need to spend a lot on glossy brochures and advertising and we don’t have big ‘overheads.’ This means we can deliver excellent value-for-money to our tour clients.
- We devote countless hours to researching the tours and engage one of the Europe’s largest travel wholesalers for our European trips to achieve keen pricing and ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Even once you’ve booked a tour, you will receive our ‘updates’ with more details about attractions or destinations, advice on weather, what to pack, the best ways of communicating with home and so on. We are there to assist you at all times.
- We choose high standard (4-star), character/ historic hotels in central locations.
- We strive to create lasting, wonderful memories, including special experiences we know will stay with you long after the fleeting encounters of "on-and-off-the-bus”/”tick-that-off-the-list" tours.
- Our European tours are at a leisurely pace, (on average, three night stays in each hotel) so you’ve time to really ‘feel’ and absorb your location.
- We allow time for you to relax or to explore in smaller groups...to shop, sit in a village square, visit small galleries, gardens or see extra concerts. These are the times when you can follow your heart, feel where you are and truly absorb the atmosphere.
- If you’ve previously visited many of the places we are visiting, bear in mind what past clients say.... “We didn’t do it like this last time!” Stewart and Jennifer LOVE returning to places they’ve enjoyed before. A little familiarity allows another ‘depth’ to your travels. Like visiting old ‘friends’ you haven’t seen for a while, memories are rekindled as new ones are created....lovely!
- You’ll have Jennifer and Stewart as your hosts, plus, on European and Asian tours, our tour director and also specialist guides looking after you.
- Our meals are superior quality. Unlike many tours, dinners in Europe offer 3 courses/3 choices each and all are served with local wine, mineral water, fresh coffee/tea or juice if you prefer.
Due to demand, we offer TWO 4-Night 'Opera on Sydney Harbour' Tours! - 6th to 10th & 10th to 14th April, 2019
Join Jennifer & Stewart, for a magical four nights in fabulous Sydney and take in a thrilling new production of West Side Story, being presented on the Harbour Stage by Opera Australia & Handa. The Lead Artists and Production Team promise a performance not to be missed and our delightful 4-night package makes it a very appealing proposition! This will be our 6th Tour for Opera on the Harbour. Each has sold out, with many repeat clients who enjoy convivial activities and meals with other music-lovers, as well as free time to do as they wish in the Harbour City. Do join us!
THE WEST SIDE STORY PRODUCTION
Guy Simpson will conduct. Recently the Musical Director of the 60th anniversary production of My Fair Lady directed by Julie Andrews for Opera Australia he is currently supervising productions of The Wizard of Oz and Dream Lover in Australia, among many other engagements. Since 1990, he has had a long relationship with The Phantom of the Opera, from Australia to productions all around the world. His extensive biog. includes the recent Evita for OA. Director Francesca Zambello will come from American, bringing with her a long list credits in both Opera and Musicals. Two fabulous 'cross-over' artists, ie singers who perform in both Opera and Musicals will take the leads. Australian soprano Julia Lea Goodwin is Maria. Her first big break came when at just 19 she was chosen to star opposite Anthony Warlow in Phantom of the Opera.
Singing Tony is tenor, Alexander Lewis. The English-Australian's father is well-known Australian baritone Michael Lewis and his mother is Welsh-Australian soprano Patricia Price. From such musical stock it's no surprise that, the young Alexander began singing in a Cathedral choir at just seven. He is now a popular artist who has performed all over the world. What a fabulous pair to headline the cast of brilliant secondary roles, chorus and dancers! If you can't recall all the melodies from the show...there's... Tonight Tonight!, Maria, Somewhere, One Hand One Heart, I Feel Pretty....and many more!
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS: Now in its 6th year, our tours sells out every time, with many choosing to join us again (and again!) for a special annual treat. Our package includes delightful meals and premium activities,
Depart from Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth & other cities and meet the rest of the group at Sydney airport. (or the hotel)
Transfer by coach to our hotel.
Stay in the elegant and ideally located 5-star Sir Stamford Hotel at Circular Quay, (opposite the Gardens .) This charming boutique hotel in a heritage-listed building, boasts one of Australia’s largest private
collections of fine art, plus 18th-century Louis XV and Georgian antiques. It's a delightful place to stay, with generous rooms and beds and lovely places to sit and relax. The Dining Room, Bar and Lobby are
very gracious, welcoming and old-world.
Thrill to a stunning Opera Australia production in an incomparable setting for an outdoor music event.
See the Show from Guaranteed Premium Seats
Enjoy a convivial Welcome Dinner, with wine, as you get to know your tour companions.
Cruise around Sydney Harbour on a state-of-the-art vessel as you enjoy a 3-Course Long Lunch, with wine.
Celebrate a fabulous four days together as we gather for our special Farewell Dinner with wine.
As well as all of the above, there will be other activities added, yet you will still have one free day and one free evening to enjoy any number of places of interest in Sydney (we will assist you!).
If this fabulous indulgence appeals to you, act now while there are still places. This tour always fills.
CONTACT US to receive a brochure and pricing.TO EMAIL US - CLICK HERE
TO BOOK - CLICK HERE
OUR RECOMMENDED TOURS:
Based on the flights below, the following have slightly better flight options:-
** Sunshine Coast : Tour A ( using Virgin then Jetstar ) - making both coach transfers possible
** Adelaide : Tour A ( using Virgin both ways ) - making both coach transfers possible
** Perth : Tour B ( using Qantas ) - although the arrival flight arrives after the transfer coach, the flight time from Perth is relaxed and arrives at a time which is comfortable for a pre-dinner arrival by taxi.
** Brisbane & Melbourne : Both tours are the same in terms of flights.
|TOUR A - FLIGHT TIMES : The flight times below, unless otherwise stated, coincide with our included Coach Transfer from airport ( Qantas Terminal ) to the Sir Stamford hotel at 2.15pm and from Sir Stamford to airport ( both terminals ) at 11am:
TOUR B - FLIGHT TIMES : The flight times below, unless otherwise noted, coincide with our included Coach Transfers from airport ( Qantas Terminal ) to the Sir Stamford hotel at 1.15pm and from Sir Stamford to airport ( both terminals ) at 11am: