- 22 May- 16 June, 2015
- All Flights
- 20 Nights in Turkey
- Dubai stop-overs with private
lunch cruise charter
- Performance tickets and all scheduled entries
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Many dinners
- Professional tour director and guide.
- Hosted by Jennifer & Stewart
- Deposit and 2 easy payments between now and February.
- Contact us for full pricing and options. Only 15 rooms available.
Music-Lovers Tours by OPERATIF!
Why Travel With Jennifer & Stewart?
- A boutique, 'hands-on' operation, we create every tour from the ground up, booking all hotels, activities, tickets, restaurants directly with the suppliers. This guarantees high standards, meticulous organisation and excellent value for money.
- We give personal attention to all aspects of planning and hosting our tours, and you will always deal directly with us.
- OPERATIF is an established business, operating since 1994, which also offers Music Lovers Tours.
- As professional singers we have a high level of industry knowledge and are confident in choosing performances and in dealing direct with theatres and opera houses.
- Our tours are guaranteed to depart. Being so popular they are never dependent on numbers. Many people now reserve their place even before tours are on sale.
- Our travel clients love music, so you have something in common with your fellow travellers from the outset.
- We have an enviably high number of repeat clients which is testimony to our product and level of service.
- With no need of glossy brochures, expensive advertising or other ‘overheads’ our clients receive better value.
- We devote countless hours, days and months to researching and creating every tour 'from the ground up.' We do not use travel agents, or incoming travel companies. We do not use '3rd party' ticket agencies to acquire opera or concert tickets, as we have direction relationships with the theatres.
- Even once a tour is on sale, we continue to work on the itinerary, honing it and inserting more activities or visits we’ve discovered.
- We give advice on weather, what to pack, money to take and how and the best ways of communicating with home. We are there to assist you at all times.
- We choose high standard (4-star), character/ historic hotels in prime, central locations.
- We strive to create lasting, wonderful memories, including special experiences that we know will stay with you long after the tour finishes.
- Our tours are at a leisurely pace, (on average, three night stays in each hotel) so you’ve time to really ‘feel’ and absorb everything.
- We hate early morning departures, rushing and feeling you are jumping on and off coaches. We avoid all of these things.
- We allow free time for you to relax or to explore in smaller groups...to shop, sit in a village square, visit small galleries, gardens or see extra concerts.
- You’ll have Jennifer and Stewart as your hosts, plus, on European and Asian tours, our tour director and local specialist guides to look after you.
- Our meals are superior quality. Unlike many package tours, we generally offer 3 courses with 3 choices in each. We choose each course in consultation with the restaurants. All meals are served with local wine, mineral water, or softer drinks if you prefer.
Stewart and Jennifer LOVE returning to places they’ve enjoyed before. A little familiarity allows further ‘depth.’ Just like visiting old ‘friends’ you haven’t seen for a while, memories are rekindled as new ones are created....lovely!
We aim for every client on every tour to experience a ‘trip of a lifetime. We hope to see you soon.
Jennifer & Stewart
Jennifer and Stewart on a marvellous adventure as we indulge in the many delights of the fascinating country of Turkey. READ OUR NEWS UPDATE
See incredible ancient sites like the vast Greek ruins at Ephesus, the cave dwellings of moonscape Cappadocia and the ingenious Hittite underground city of Derinkuyu. You’ll be left open-mouthed as you ponder the way of life of the miriads who have gone before you.
Delight in the warmth of the people of Turkey and their national pride.
See many versions of the
decorative traditional dress.
A colourful country...you will delight in the beauty and artistry of ceramic tiles and crockery, both traditional and modern, wonder at intricately patterned rugs and the ‘performance’ of the rug merchant as he unfurls each one for you...... the bazaars, the spices...the landscapes...all is a feast for the eyes!
Enjoy performances ranging from concerts of Western classics as part of the International Music Festival of Istanbul to traditional dance, the bright and energetic Turkish folk music and a genuine religious ceremony featuring the spectacle of the entranced Whirling Dervishes!
Enjoy a cuisine that is based on the freshest of natural ingredients, with dishes gently flavoured with exotic spices, wonderful warm breads straight from the oven and the traditional sweet treats of pastries filled with nuts and drenched in honey and rose water.
See landscapes of mind-boggling contrast...vast sweeping plains, snow-capped mountains, white silica terraces, stunning coastline with turquoise sea and the unique rock-formations of the Anatolian interior, where caves and strange chimney-stack forms popping up from the earth have been used for centuries as ‘ instant homes’ by the peoples of this region.
We will take a guided tour of the very moving site of Gallipoli, in this, the centenary year of the Landing, before finishing our tour in the city of cities Istanbul, bursting with life and with so much to see and do. We’ll visit majestic palaces and mosques, a spectacular Roman underground water cistern, the famous Grand Bazaar and take a cruise, joining the many boats and ferries which daily zig-zag cross the Bospherous from Asia to Europe...from East to West...
Throughout the tour you will stay in some of the most amazing hotels on the earth. ... all four star or higher..and some too unusual to describe... You’ll experience cave life (in luxury!), in your own ‘cave suite’ and stay in the world’s first ancient museum hotel...literally sleeping with the artefacts.....’incredible!
Turkey really will grab you from the moment you hear the clear, haunting voice of your first early morning call to prayer or taste your first warm bread dipped in home-made hummus. We loved it...and found the people among the warmest and friendliest we have ever encountered. You will be well cared for throughout the tour by our professional tour director / expert local guide and your hosts, Jennifer & Stewart. Don’t miss it! Call us on 1300 308 385 for pricing.
View our video sample package of Turkey.
Just click the 'play' button above