Key Information & Pricing
- 2nd Oct to 24th Oct, 2020
- Includes Return flights
- 18 nights in Italy
- Overnight Dubai stopovers
- Guaranteed prime performance tickets and all scheduled entries
- Daily buffet breakfast
- 8 dinners, 2 'long' lunches
- Professional tour manager
and local guides
- Hosted by Jennifer & Stewart
- Contact us for full details
Music-Lovers Tours by OPERATIF!
Why Travel With Jennifer & Stewart?
- A boutique, 'hands-on' operation, we create every tour from the ground up, booking all hotels, activities, tickets, restaurants directly with the suppliers. This guarantees high standards, meticulous organisation and excellent value for money.
- We give personal attention to all aspects of planning and hosting our tours, and you will always deal directly with us.
- OPERATIF is an established business, operating since 1994, which also offers Music Lovers Tours.
- As professional singers we have a high level of industry knowledge and are confident in choosing performances and in dealing direct with theatres and opera houses.
- Our tours are guaranteed to depart. Being so popular they are never dependent on numbers. Many people now reserve their place even before tours are on sale.
- Our travel clients love music, so you have something in common with your fellow travellers from the outset.
- We have an enviably high number of repeat clients which is testimony to our product and level of service.
- With no need of glossy brochures, expensive advertising or other ‘overheads’ our clients receive better value.
- We devote countless hours, days and months to researching and creating every tour 'from the ground up.' We do not use travel agents, or incoming travel companies. We do not use '3rd party' ticket agencies to acquire opera or concert tickets, as we have direction relationships with the theatres.
- Even once a tour is on sale, we continue to work on the itinerary, honing it and inserting more activities or visits we’ve discovered.
- We give advice on weather, what to pack, money to take and how and the best ways of communicating with home. We are there to assist you at all times.
- We choose high standard (4-star), character/ historic hotels in prime, central locations.
- We strive to create lasting, wonderful memories, including special experiences that we know will stay with you long after the tour finishes.
- Our tours are at a leisurely pace, (on average, three night stays in each hotel) so you’ve time to really ‘feel’ and absorb everything.
- We hate early morning departures, rushing and feeling you are jumping on and off coaches. We avoid all of these things.
- We allow free time for you to relax or to explore in smaller groups...to shop, sit in a village square, visit small galleries, gardens or see extra concerts.
- You’ll have Jennifer and Stewart as your hosts, plus, on European and Asian tours, our tour director and local specialist guides to look after you.
- Our meals are superior quality. Unlike many package tours, we generally offer 3 courses with 3 choices in each. We choose each course in consultation with the restaurants. All meals are served with local wine, mineral water, or softer drinks if you prefer.
Stewart and Jennifer LOVE returning to places they’ve enjoyed before. A little familiarity allows further ‘depth.’ Just like visiting old ‘friends’ you haven’t seen for a while, memories are rekindled as new ones are created....lovely!
We aim for every client on every tour to experience a ‘trip of a lifetime. We hope to see you soon.
Jennifer & Stewart
'Viva Verdi!' - Italy, Oct 2020
Verdi Festival - Parma, La Scala - Milan, La Fenice - Venice
Reggio Emilia, Parma, Milan, Venice and surrounds.
Join Jennifer and Stewart on their 3rd personally created tour to take in the Festival Verdi in Parma & La Scala, Milan and La Fenice in Venice.
After the sold-out tours of 2017 and 2018, and due to excellent on-going relationships with the Verdi Festival and La Scala, we have again been guaranteed an allocation of Premium tickets for the exciting 2020 Verdi Festival in Parma and after that at La Scala. (All opera tickets, including La Scala, are purchased through formal methods direct with the theatres. We never use ticket or travel agencies selling '3rd party' tickets.)
We will see three major performances in the Festival, as well as at least one concert. We will be advised as soon as the Festival Programme has been released and have access to tickets before the general public. This is an invaluable privilege.
The Verdi Festival is now acknowledged world-wide as the premier celebration of Verdi's magnificent operas and the programme will be a mix of popular and lesser known Verdi works. The performances standard is simply wonderful, as is the atmosphere and the palpable love of the Italian people for their great Verdi.
We will make visits to many interesting musical places whilst attending the Festival...just a few are Verdi's birthplace and his magnificent country villa at Sant' Agata, the little 'Teatro Verdi' in Busseto where he was born, (a gift from the town), his benefactor and father-in-law's home (and now museum) in Busseto, to Casa Pavarotti, the great tenor's country home, left almost as it was when he lived there and to the Renata Tebaldi Museum. In Milan, we will visit Verdi's 'Casa di Riposo', his retirement home for older singers and musicians...an undertaking he referred to as 'his greatest work.'
Aside from musical visits, we will enjoy indulging in the famous cuisine of the Emilia Romagna region, known as 'the stomach of Italy!' This is a charming 'non-touristy' region with captivating old buildings and welcoming piazzas. As part of our quest to find the best Parmiggiano, best Prosciutto, best Tortelloni...we will also visit a small, family owned balsamic vinegar production. Here we will tour the farm with the property's owner and learn what we should all know about vinegar! We'll then enjoy a tasting followed by a delightful long lunch. We'll visit nearby Mantova and find out all about this fascination city of art and culture, before breaking up to enjoy a nice lunch at a restaurant of our choosing.
In Milan, our city tour will include walking on the terraces of the magnificent Duomo and there are several wonderful museums and galleries and many shops within a very short walk of our hotel. You will be spoilt for choice!
Our Tour finishes in Venice where we aim to catch an opera in the picturesque opera house of La Fenice. We'll also hear one of Venice's famous ensembles. You will have a choice of tours as well, or you may opt to just wander about or take a Vaporetto and see where you are led!
We are currently finalising the itinerary and pricing ( due May 2019 ). The tour has a strict limit of 25 people. We will fly into Bologna and out of Venice and stay for four nights in Reggio Emilia, Milan and Venice and six nights in Parma (for the Festival).
We have again secured excellent accommodation in our four bases, Reggio Emilia & Parma (both within the delightfully non-touristy region of Emilia Romagna), in Milano (just steps from La Scala and the central Galleria) and finally in Venice where we stay on the Grand Canal very close to San Marco. ( see below photo )
Our Fabulous Package includes: Return flights with Emirates (we can book Business Class for those who wish it), Dubai stopovers, all performance tickets and visits/entries within the itinerary, full buffet breakfast daily, 8 dinners at our favourite restaurants (with menu choices and wine), a convivial welcome lunch in Dubai and our long lunch in the hills outside Reggio Emilia.
This is a very special tour for those who love Verdi and his operas. It is a rare opportunity to see the places that were so important in his life and to learn about his inspirations, frustrations and accomplishments.
Our tours always fill so it is wise to 'Reserve a Place' now by paying a $200 'holding deposit' per person. This deposit is fully refundable at any time. It simply guarantees your place should you decide to proceed once the itinerary and costs are finalised ( mid 2019 ). This tour offers a thrilling, fascinating and uplifting 17-days walking in the footsteps of Verdi and other great Italian artists.
We do hope you will join us on this Italian musical trip of a lifetime!
Client comment 2018 : I so thoroughly enjoyed traveling with you to Italy on our wonderful Viva Verdi tour in October. It was truly the trip of a lifetime for me. Thank you both very much for your careful planning and convivial direction of the trip. It was really a fantastic experience. I have been fortunate to visit Italy five times, but it is a place one never can get enough of. You both made it very delightful indeed! I really enjoyed the focus on the life of Verdi and our visits to so many places of musical significance. Our evenings at the opera were unforgettable. Christina P., Adelaide
CLICK HERE TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE ( fully-refundable $200 deposit )
CLICK HERE TO SEND AN ENQUIRY
VIEW ANOTHER TOUR