- October, 2020.
- All Flights
- 16 Nights in Italy
- Dubai stop-overs - private
lunch & transfers
- Performance tickets & all scheduled entries
- Many hotels & restaurants personally experienced by us
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Seven dinners & 2 Lunches
- Professional tour manager
and local guide
- Hosted by Stewart
- Deposit & 3 easy payments.
- Contact us for full pricing
OPERATIF! Musical Travel
Why Travel With Jennifer & Stewart?
- Being a boutique, 'hands-on' operation, we can give personal attention to all aspects of planning and hosting our tours, and you will always deal directly with us.
- OPERATIF is an established business, now entering its 24th year.
- As professional singers we have a high level of industry knowledge and are regularly in contact with friends, colleagues and associates in the field of classical music and opera.
- Our tours are guaranteed to depart. They are so popular that they are not dependent on numbers, so there is no risk your tour will be cancelled at 3 months' notice ( or merged with another tour ).
- Our travel patrons love music, so you are sure you will have something in common with your fellow travellers.
- We’ve no need to spend a lot on glossy brochures and advertising and we don’t have big ‘overheads.’ This means we can deliver excellent value-for-money to our tour clients.
- We devote countless hours to researching the tours and engage one of the Europe’s largest travel wholesalers for our European trips to achieve keen pricing and ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Even once you’ve booked a tour, you will receive our ‘updates’ with more details about attractions or destinations, advice on weather, what to pack, the best ways of communicating with home and so on. We are there to assist you at all times.
- We choose high standard (4-star), character/ historic hotels in central locations.
- We strive to create lasting, wonderful memories, including special experiences we know will stay with you long after the fleeting encounters of "on-and-off-the-bus”/”tick-that-off-the-list" tours.
- Our European tours are at a leisurely pace, (on average, three night stays in each hotel) so you’ve time to really ‘feel’ and absorb your location.
- We allow time for you to relax or to explore in smaller groups...to shop, sit in a village square, visit small galleries, gardens or see extra concerts. These are the times when you can follow your heart, feel where you are and truly absorb the atmosphere.
- If you’ve previously visited many of the places we are visiting, bear in mind what past clients say.... “We didn’t do it like this last time!” Stewart and Jennifer LOVE returning to places they’ve enjoyed before. A little familiarity allows another ‘depth’ to your travels. Like visiting old ‘friends’ you haven’t seen for a while, memories are rekindled as new ones are created....lovely!
- You’ll have Jennifer and Stewart as your hosts, plus, on European and Asian tours, our tour director and also specialist guides looking after you.
- Our meals are superior quality. Unlike many tours, dinners in Europe offer 3 courses/3 choices each and all are served with local wine, mineral water, fresh coffee/tea or juice if you prefer.
Viva Verdi + La Scala - Bologna, Reggio Emilia, Parma, Modena, Milan and much more ( estimated dates are 6th to 26th October, 2020 or 8th to 24th October in Italy)
After the sold-out tours of 2017 and 2018, and due to our wonderful relationships with the opera companies, we have been guaranteed an allocation of great tickets for the exciting 2020 Verdi Festival in Parma and will choose three operas there, once announced. This will be a mix of extremely well-known and lesser known Verdi operas. We also have been guaranteed seats to the Italian opera icon, La Scala ( all opera tickets, including La Scala, are purchased through formal methods direct with the opera company. Unlike many companies, we never use ticket or travel agencies agencies selling '3rd party' tickets )
We have also secured wonderful accommodation and are currently finalising the itinerary and pricing ( due mid-2019 ). The tour has a strict limit of 25 people, due to ticket availability. In addition we will have daily full buffet breakfast ( some with Prosecco ! ), 7 lovely dinners at our favourite restaurants- with choices and a convivial lunch in Dubai and a country lunch in Emilia Romagna. Brief itinerary details follow:
Our spectacular tour includes Dubai stopovers....then a series of wonderful experiences from our four bases - Reggio Emilia, Bologna, Parma & Milano. ( 4 nights, 2 nights, 5 nights, 5 nights respectively )
The main performances in the Verdi Festival and the famous La Scala are the operatic highlights but there will be additional music to enjoy, including an impressive performance by students of the Verdi Academy. We are very fortunate to have secured the services of our tour director, whose long career involves specialist interest groups in the field of opera and classical music.
CLICK HERE TO 'RESERVE YOUR PLACE'
There are many fascinating historical elements to the tour, both musical and general, as well as opportunities to enjoy the many pleasures of a region which boasts fabulous cuisine, picturesque scenery and charming, largely undiscovered towns. We will make many visits to places any music-lover would love to see, includingVerdi's birthplace and his Villa at Sant' Agata, Pavarotti's Villa, a museum dedicated to the great soprano Renata Tebaldi and another the conductor Arturo Toscanini. Various other museums, opera houses and theatres will be visited as will the retirement home Verdi established for older singers and musicians in Milan. This home, known as Casa Verdi, was described by the composer as his 'greatest work.' Our tour offers a thrilling, fascinating and uplifting 16 days walking in the footsteps of Verdi and other great Italian artists. As a guide, CLICK HERE to see the brochure from the 2018 tour.
We do hope you will join us on this Italian musical trip of a lifetime!
OUR TOWNS/CITIES : Bologna ( 2 nights ), Reggio Emilia ( 4 nights ), Parma ( 5 nights ), Milan ( 5 nights ) + Dubai stop-overs.
SEND AN ENQUIRY